Welcome to BASICS Scotland
The British Association of Immediate Care Scotland (BASICS Scotland) is a charity based in Perthshire. We specialise in promoting the provision of high quality pre-hospital emergency care to health professionals in Scotland through the provision of 350 annual course places funded by NES.
A Word from our Chairman - Dr Hal Maxwell
BASICS Scotland, as an independent organisation from BASICS UK, is 10 years old:
- 10 years of independently developing and delivering teaching to (mainly) rural NHS Health professionals of all disciplines
- 10 years of developing support to better enable these NHS practitioners to deliver patient care in sometimes quite challenging environments
- 10 years of collaboration with Sandpiper Trust (see below) enabling us to provide those practitioners with essential emergency medical equipment
- 10 years of growing links with the Scottish Ambulance Service and the development of a Memorandum of Understanding to better task responders to support the ambulance service in caring for patients
This web site is the ‘front page’ for the organisation, offering access to book courses, to news and updates and will offer access to other resources including teaching materials & a clinical governance resource pack
You will find contact details for the office staff and directors, news reports of significant & interesting items and occasional surveys to allow us to gauge how to further support you in your day to day work.
The site also includes a responders page – once trained & equipped you can become a responder linked to and both supported by & supporting the ambulance service to enhance patient care. Please see the page on the website for your regional rep contact – he or she can give you more information about becoming a responder should you be interested.
For BASICS Scotland to move forward for the next 10 years we need your support:
- If you are not a member please join
- If you have any comments, questions of suggestions both for the web site & for BASICS generally please feel free to get in touch – you can email me directly or contact the office staff who will either deal directly with your enquiry or pass it to the most appropriate person in the organisation.
The Sandpiper Trust
The Sandpiper Trust, a Scottish Charity, was set up in memory of Sandy Dickson by his parents, family and friends. The primary aim of the Trust is to ensure that all rural GPs in Scotland are provided with essential emergency medical equipment and resources once they have undergone specialist training courses and gained certification from BASICS SCOTLAND, (The British Association for Immediate Care Scheme). For further information on the work of the Sandpiper Trust, please go to www.sandpipertrust.org.
To download a Sandpiper Bag Application Form, please click here.
To download the contents layout for your Sandpiper Bag, please click here.
To download the latest Sandpiper Newsletter, please click here